The SLA Toronto chapter and the Toronto Reference Library hosted the Government Information Day (East) 2019 on Thursday, November 28, 2019.
The event was devoted to the use, production, preservation, and access of government information.
Among the presenters were CALL members Emily Benton (University of Ottawa) and Erica Anderson (Legislative Assembly of Ontario).
The presentations are now online.
Topics covered included:
- Library of Parliament’s digitization and preservation projects
- Canadian Municipal Collection: A digitization project
- Scholars Portal Government Documents Projects
- Post-depository: Project Update
- The Legislative Library of Ontario's digital repository: Overview, challenges, future initiatives
- The Legislative Assembly of Ontario’s website – The recent redesign of ola.org and upcoming enhancements
- ISBNs: Us and You and the Future
- Communicating Value Through Strategic Alignment
- Serving Ontario’s New Parliament: Outreach Strategies
- Copyright and Public Sector Information: A Comparative Study
- Canadian Collective Print Preservation Strategy (CCPPS) Working Group: Overview of Activities
- Making Government Data Accessible: Discoverability, Availability and Usability